Nashipur Rajbari was the palace of the Nashipur Raj Family. The grand palace is situated in Nashipur just adjacent to the palace built by Raja Debi Singha. The current palace was built by Raja Kirti Chandra Singha Bahadur in 1865. The Nashi...pur Rajbari here was the court of Debi Singha who is historically renowned for being the tax collector under the British. Debi Singha was the founder of the Nashipur Raj Family. Debi Singha came to Murshidabad with his father Diwali Singh just after the Battle of Plassey (in 1757 AD). Warren Hastings appointed Devi Singha as a secretary to the provincial council. He was invested with the title of Raja and later Maharaja. The palace is often referred to as a miniature version of the Hazarduari Palace due to its similarity of features. Among them are the grand flight of stairs and the large vertical standing columns. The family deities which were worshiped are kept here and still worshiped by the family members. The most important festival is Jhulan Yatra, which is held every year for a maximum of five days in the month of August and ends on Rakhi Purnima day. At this time, a fair is organized in the palace's compound which is very popular in both Nashipur and Murshidabad.